The Practice of Connect
“Connecting in authentic relationships”
When people Connect to others we hope they experience a life that increasingly reflects:
1. A Scriptural Basis - The call of scripture to Connections with God and with one another is clear (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Leviticus 19:17-18, Mark 12:29-31).
2. God-Glorifying - When we Connect in a Christ-centered way God is glorified
(1 Corinthians 10:31).
3. Christ-centered – When we live Connected lives we recognize that the very essence of biblical Connection is possible only because of the sacrifice of Christ on our behalf (Ephesians 1:3-6; Romans 8:17; Galatians 3:29).
4. Essential for community to occur - God has always called His people to worship, serve, and obey in the context of community (Exodus 12:16; Leviticus 23:3-7; Psalm 7:7; Joel 1:14; Hebrews 10:24-25; 1 Corinthians 12-14).
5. Authentic - Authentic Connection is the result of transparency (Ephesians 4:16, 25-26), genuine love for one another (1 Peter 1:22, 4:8), and unity of purpose and methodology (Philippians 2:1-2).