THE CORE PRACTICE OF REACH AT MVCC
SUMMARY – A Life of Reach is:
1. Scriptural - The call of Scripture to Reach the world with the Gospel of Christ is clear and central to the mission of the Church.
(Matthew 28:18-20; John 3:16; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15)
2. God’s Desire – Believers are God’s representatives here are on earth charged with the mission of sharing the Gospel of Christ with a lost and fallen world.
(2 Peter 3:9; Ephesians 5:15-16; Colossians 4:5-6)
3. A Life that Touches Others – A Believer who is engaged in the practice of Reach will have concern for and be in relationship with others who are not believers.
(Acts 2:47; Romans 14:18; Matthew 5:16)
4. Concerned with the welfare of others – A life characterized by Reach is a life that is concerned with the spiritual, physical, and emotional welfare of others.
(Galatians 6:10; Ecclesiastes 3:12; Luke 6:35; Hebrews 13:15-16)
5. Confident – Those who reach exhibit a degree of confidence that comes from maturity and a passionate desire to see the Kingdom of God advance.
(Romans 1:16; Psalm 40:9-10; 2 Timothy 1:9; 1 Peter 4:16)