The Practice of Worship
When people Worship at Mountain View Community Church (MVCC) we hope they experience:
1. A Humble Heart – God values a humble heart (Isaiah 66:2). Humility, in part, is the recognition of one’s position before God and in relation to the Lord’s greatness.
2. A Thankful Life - To live a life of Worship before God results in a thankful heart and attitude. A thankful heart is able to rise above circumstances (Ephesians 5:19-20).
3. A Sanctified Life - Worship of God leads to Christ-likeness in speech, thought and deed. It culminates in an entire life being presented to God (Romans 12:1-2).
4. A Repentant Heart - God is looking for people that come to Him with a repentant heart for sin and wrong-doing, seeking His forgiveness and knowing that it's only by His grace that one has fellowship with God (Acts 20:20-21).
5. An Obedient Life - Those who Worship God do so in obedience because they love God and they don't want to grieve the one that they love (Ephesians 4:30).
6. A Passion for God’s Presence – Our Heavenly Father desires a people who are passionate for Jesus. A Worshipper of God is prepared to give extravagantly to God, holding back nothing
7. Faith - Worship comes from faith. Such faith exists in those who Worship because there is a relationship with God and there is a belief in His faithfulness (Ephesians 2:8-10).
8. Proclamation – Worship proclaims the greatness and goodness of God through attitudes, words, and deeds. This is done both individually and corporately (Philippians 1:21).