The Practice of Serving
When people serve God and others we hope they experience a life that increasingly reflects:
1. A Scriptural basis- The call of Scripture to Serve God and one another is clear.
(Matthew 20:25-28; Luke 22:26-27; Galatians 5:13-14)
2. A God-Glorifying Life - Serving brings glory to God (1 Peter 4:10-11).
3. Christ-likeness – A Life of Service reflects the character of Christ.
(Mark 10:45; Philippians 2:1-11)
4. God’s design for the Body of Christ - God calls His followers to Serve for the benefit of the Kingdom and His people (1 Corinthians 12-14; Romans 12:4-8).
5. Signs of maturity –As the transforming work of God continues in the life of a follower of Christ, Serving will naturally follow.
(Ephesians 4:11-13; Galatians 6:9-10; James 2:14-26)